The Experience of IEKEP
IEKEP has an expertise as well as a long experience in career guidance.
- It was member of the Lifelong Guidance Expert Group of the European Commission (2002-2006)
- IEKEP provides training courses on Career Counselling (it has trained approximately 150 counsellors since 1992)
- Career Guidance constitutes a core element in all IEKEP activities (research activities, educational material, integrated projects, Leonardo Da Vinci projects, etc).
- IEKEP has produced Educational Material for Careers Education that has been mainstreamed into the Official School Curriculum.
- It has conducted, by CEDEFOP appointment, all research activities and country studies on Career Guidance
- It has also undertaken numerous studies on Vocational Guidance issues, by appointment of the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs.
- IEKEP has been the Technical and Scientific Consultant of the National Centre for Career Guidance, within the framework of the Operational Programme for Education and Initial Vocational Training (2003)
- It has conducted, by appointement from the Greek National Centre of Career Guidance, a research activity on "International Systems of Quality Assurance for Career Guidance Services (2007)
Career Guidance Services
Career guidance provided by IEKEP is a procedure that helps people to:
- Increase awareness and assess their personal traits ( interests, values, performance, etc)
- Get occupational and educational information
- Match their personal traits to potential educational/ career choices
- Take educational and career decisions
- Manage transitions and cope with practical issues related to them
- Make an action plan
- Career guidance is provided individually or in group.
Employment Counselling Services
IEKEP provides counselling and training services facilitating the integration of young people into the labor market. These services include:
- Career planning
- CV writing
- Skills for job seeking